So I’ve been assesing my do-ability for 2009. How much of what I have lined up for myself can I reasonably expect to accomplish in the next 11 months? I’m going to take it month by month and try to give you updates.
With that in mind and some delightful visual encouragement from Kathy I organized and trimmed the fat from my project lists. First I tackled the much easier and incorporeal portion of my do-to-with-yarn list: my Ravely queue. I trimmed over 300 projects from it, I had 21 pages of patterns that have been whittled down to 7. I kept only the projects that I actually have yarn set aside for, that have a technique or stitch pattern that I want to try or that were written by friends.
– 1 blanket (I gave myself 9 months on this one and I have 5 to go SO I’m good here)
– 2 Twilight projects I still can’t talk about but are mostly complete.
– 1/2 a sock to complete a pair
– 1 top-down cardigan-type sweater at the shoulders (test knit)
– 1 sock to complete Pat’s birthday pair, I already finished one. (bad wife, he turned 34 on the 18th)
– 1 3/4 mittens for Pat’s birthday. (even badder)
– oh and a hat for Webs
Not bad, 8 bits. Thats awesome for me!
Yet to do…
– 3 -5 projects for my sister’s baby shower – my new neice is due in March. – 2-3 of these will be sewn
– 2 projects for Aurelia’s 8th birthday – these are sewing
– 2 projects for my buddy Marti -heeheehee – maybe some sewing here.
– a project for my Mil’s birthday in Feb.
– 2 design ideas that I’m working on in swatches and trying to hammer out basic measurements so I can cast on.
So, 12 maybes in the next 30 days plus the 8 already in the works. I promise to keep you up to date though I have to say with all the running around I have to do right now (the Beetle is our only car, the wagon experienced total systems failure 2 weeks ago) I’ll be happy with 10 finished projects at months end.