I got this pattern from a friend at the Wed night Noho knitting group. She had made it for herself just before her second son was born earlier this summer. She made it in the material pictured and it was delectable. I already had some fabric stashed away to make something for another friend that is expecting again soon and I knew it would be perfect for this pattern.
So, that’s what I did today, I finished the Nappy Bag. I had cut out all the pieces a while back but I just hadn’t gotten around to putting it all together. This is a pic of how close I was to being done when my bobbin ran out. Its always the little things.
Here’s the finished bag on my new manikin – not exactly a dressmakers dream but she’ll do. That’s a skirt that I made for my sister’s birthday two years ago that the manikin is wearing. Someday I’ll get around to measuring my sister’s waist so I can finish the damn thing – stupid elastic. I hope that the intended will like the Nappy Bag – I think she will. I called her husband to get the measurements for her cell phone. The pattern has a pocket built in but she has this crazy huge thing thats a combo phone/blackberry/pda/blender/tireiron doohickey. I had to move the pocket down on the bag but it works in its new place. Hmmm, I seem to have mushrooms on the mind….need to go finish up that toolbox bag.
Finally, my munchikins are washing the dishes as we speak! Yup, washing and drying the dishes. Ahhh…..