Here is the incredible yarn that my friend Janice brought back from Paris for me. What a doll! It’s 47% wool, 47% acrylic and 6% polyamide (From Wikipedia:A polyamide is a polymer containing monomers joined by peptide bonds. They can occur both naturally, examples being proteins, such as wool and silk, and can be made artificially, examples being Nylon, Kevlar and sodium poly(aspartate). In other words, the little nylon thread that winds around the yarn.
I also stopped in at my yarn temple, Webs, and picked up 2 balls of delectibly chocolate colored Valley Yarns Shelburne. (45% Wool, 30% acrylic and 25% Alpaca) All together this should make a fantastic keyhole scarf and gauntlet set for me. I have this whole week off so I’ll have lots of fun with projects.
* long-awaited curtains for the livivng room – these were completed later in the week
* a new mermaid bedspread for my oldest – ended up with a lovely hmd from a cousin
* a purple fuzzy pillow to go with the new bedspread – also finished later that week
* a knitted babe outfit for my friend Lou, she’s making a doll for her grand-daughter – sadly, Lou moved on to another job the week I was on vacation and never got to finish her own doll.
* finishing the hat and booties to go with the finished baby sweater – done
* emptying my garage of all the recyclables that have built up over the winter – done (I love you Hubby)
Lots’o fun stuff folks. I should have the baby hat and booties done tommorow. I’ll post pics before I hit the Post Office – Ha HA! I make me laugh